The American Legion of Montana
Legislative Chairman: Roger A. Hagan (406) 459-0773
National Legislative News
The American Legion launched its weekly Legislative Update e-newsletter this past June; it is distributed each Monday (except when Congress is out of session).
Each issue includes a roundup of
1. The latest legislative news on the Legion’s national website
2. Media coverage of Legion testimony and other activities on Capitol Hill.
3. Legislative news from Washington that relates to veterans, servicemembers and military families.
4. A schedule of featured congressional hearings for the week.
6. A variety of links to relevant websites and web pages.
7. Each issue features a question submitted by a Legionnaire, and an answer provided by the Legion’s legislative director, Louis Celli.
For example, the question in this week’s issue (please see below) is “What is going on with the Legion and the IRS?”.
Please feel free to subscribe to the Legislative Update and other Legion e-newsletters at this link:
State Legislative News
Welcome to the Montana Department of the American Legion State Legislative News for the 65th Montana Legislative Session which began Monday, January 2nd, 2017. Please check this site often as you will see periodic updates of the 65th Session process as they relate to Montana Veterans and Service Members. Below are some useful links for you to use to keep current on specific legislation and contact your legislator.
Senator Jon Tester
Liaison Merv Gunderson
Liaison Phone: (406)388-6524
Senator Jon Tester Website: http://www.tester.senate.gov/
Senator Steve Daines
Liaison George Blackard
Liaison Phone: (406) 855-6781
Senator Steve Daines Website: http://daines.house.gov/
Congressman Ryan Zinke
Liaison Michael Shepard
Liaison Phone: (406) 250-9806
Congressman Ryan Zinke Website: https://zinke.house.gov/